Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools!

Gotcha! Karen and I staged a fight on the air this morning for April Fools Day. That had to be one of the harder things I've ever tried to pull off in my 18 years in radio. By nature I'm not a fighter. I had to script out the entire thing while trying not to look at Karen (or laugh) while we were on the air!

It turned out that most of the calls we got spotted the prank immediately. We did get several folks upset who we eventually let in on the joke. Especially the one mother who suggested that her daughter's image of me was diminished by the way I treated Miss Karen.

Honestly, I would never treat anyone like that. I really enjoy working with Karen every morning. We're like brother and sister in the studio every morning. We finish each other's thoughts, and sometimes even talk "in stereo" saying the same thing at the same time. Thanks for all the calls about leaving the microphone on while we were on the air. The only thing we're really serious about every morning is having fun!

No comments: