Monday, April 7, 2008

What a weekend!

Crazy storms. Long lines. Incredible people.

After 5 tornadoes ripped through our area on Friday, I think the biggest story to come out of the weekend were the amazing people that stepped up and showed their true colors. How can we express our thanks to the linemen and women who are still working around the clock to restore power? How about the patience and smiles shown by restaurant staff in just about every place up and down Lakeland Drive over the weekend. Incredible!

I was at my kindergarten son's school when the instruction came to "assume the position" in the hallway. I never really realized how severe weather affects the little ones. I just wanted to hug the whole hallway.

After seeing some of the damage caused in some areas I'm amazed that there was no loss of life. Major credit should go to the National Weather Service for a great warning time buffer. More than 10 minutes before it affected the metro!

I know it will take a while to pick up the pieces -- but we've done this before. This is the time when you find out who your real friends are. Let us know if you need anything from us. -- we're here to help.

No comments: